July 22, 2010
Posted by on
Do not Know it is not love. That is why linux losing in terms of popularity compared with other Operating Systems (especially Windows).
For the friends who are interested in using linux, I will provide several advantages linux that I know.
In addition to an operating system that can be obtained free of charge every person, linux also has many advantages, among others:
- Open Source, Linux provides an opportunity for users to view the original program, or change it according to the needs of the property right without incurring penalties under the GNU license.
- Freeware, almost all software used for free.
- Minimal Hardware, Linux only requires at least Intel 386 DX processor, with a minimum of 8 MB RAM and 85 MB minimum hard disk capacity.
- Stability is good, for example in an office environment, Linux is commonly used as a server. If you are configured properly for the hardware, typically running Linux without needing to reboot (restart on) until there is no hardware or electrical voltage was intentionally disabled. Age of sustainable living
systems to hundreds of days or more a thing that was unusual.
- Shared Libraries, Shared Libraries Linux uses making it possible to install the new version of Linux without damaging the linkage of other programs. While Windows applications install a new application from the DLL (Dynamics Link Libraries) that affect other programs.
- Non-Fragmentation, without defrag in windows that allow an easier way for users to create, edit, and delete files without the fear of fragmentation occurs on existing data or programs. This is because Linux uses the Ext2FS file system (Second Extended File System) which has the advantage of reduction of fragmentation automatically.# Immune Virus, still very few viruses that have been created. Possible virus infection, is very small.# Hadware AotoDetect, so for the friends laptop or pc driver lost sources. No need to bother anymore to download the driver software.
- Linux is also an open operating system, so that the resulting sense of togetherness that makes linux belongs to everyone, not just the manufacturer’s or developer.
- Multi-User, Linux can be used by one or more people to use the same or different programs within a same machine at the same time, in the same or different terminals.
- Login user, Linux has a user login or service that is not limited in amount to allow the user up to 254 clients simultaneously, and comes with a password.
- Emulator, Linux provides the emulator to run applications designed for different operating systems, for example: dosemu (DOS emulator), to run DOS applications – WINE (Windows Emulator), to run 16-bit Windows applications and some 32-bit Windows applications – Executor, to run Macintosh applications – IBCS, to run the executable file FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, SCO UNIX, etc. – By using VMware, Linux can run Windows and Windows NT.
I hope what I described above could be a little mengetarkan your liver to use linux.