Correcting the error in Ubuntu 9.10′s Grub
July 22, 2010
Posted by on
Ubuntu grub hard even when damaged. yesterday there was a senior who grub damage the PC.
I just try this way to restore Ubuntu Grub and it works
1. insert Ubuntu 9.10’s CD LIVE
2. then type: sudo mount -t ext4 /dev/sda5 /mnt/ (asumsinya partisi linux anda ada di sda5)
3. Mount folder “proc” sudo mount -t proc proc /mnt/proc/
4. Mount folder “sys” sudo mount -t sysfs sys /mnt/sys/
5. Mount folder “dev” sudo mount -o bind /dev/ /mnt/dev/
6. lalu ketik perintah sudo chroot /mnt /bin/bash
All have been completed in the mount, and then we just reinstall grub with the command
If no errors after you perform these commands, restart your computer, then after that you will return grub like the original.